Monday, March 17, 2014

Student Essay: The Foreign Country I’d Most like to Visit

The Foreign Country I’d Most like to Visit

      In my imagination, there is a place full of wonderful scenery that fills me with passion. You may know of such a place, too, but if you don’t, it would be my pleasure to share mine with you. The place is the largest country in South America – Brazil. For its succulent rainforests and ecstatic Carnival, Brail is the place I would travel to overseas.
      Brazil’s rainforest is a paradise where exotic plants and creatures can thrive. Just imagine for a minute bathing in the sunlight in a lagoon near where the serpentine Amazon River winds. There, in the Amazon rainforest, you can see the source of tens of thousands of living things in the waters and mangroves. Monkeys with light-brown fur swing on vines and branches between trees to reach for their meals. Perhaps while eating a fruit, it drops a piece where tiny birds swoop to catch it before it falls to the forest floor where creatures scurry to reach the morsel. Animals and birds with shining red, blue, and green feathers leave droppings with seeds in the soil where rain water to washes it along to take root. They grow into trees bearing plentiful fruit of their own. The cycle continues for the next generation of monkeys and birds seeking out meals and dropping new seeds to grow again. The cycle of life goes on amazingly. Doesn’t this sound like a paradise to you? Surely it does to me, and I would love to witness it with my own eye, in beautiful Brazil. 
       Besides the Brazilian rainforest’s celebration of life and renewal, there is a yearly event that nurtures the people; Carnival. Carnival is a five-day street party that happens in February or March. It is known for its freewheeling passion and a dance called the Samba. When Carnival comes, no matter if you are a practiced dancer or a common person; if you have the feel to move your body, clumsy or not, you can be a star. Leave the real world behind, put on your favorite attire, dashing and daring, and dance to the music freely and cheerfully in the Carnival parade. Dance without social burdens, without cares, and without worries. This freedom and cheerfulness that allows people to be themselves is why I love the Carnival. For a moment in time, abandon the heavy homework, the pressures of school rankings, or the uncertainty of the future. I like to feel free, even if just for a while, and ease my tense and tiring life. Then, after having tasted freedom, I can remember how to cherish and value being alive.

      With a love for nature and freedom, I couldn’t think of a better place to go than to Brazil, the country that I would most like to visit. I am a junior high school student for now, without money to visit Brazil, but I promise myself, one day, I will slowly walk through Brazil’s rainforest and become the greatest dancer in Carnival. You may even see me on TV then, but I won’t care; I’ll be tripping the light fantastic. 

Edited by D.B.T. 

No comments:

Post a Comment